Chermoula is a North African marinade and the next thing you should try! It's extremely easy and quick to prepare, full of flavours and doesn't require hours of cooking when using it to season your favourite foods. I love it with white fish, but it goes with all sorts of fishes, meats, poultry and vegetables.
You can use it with all your savoury preparation, whether they are pan fried, grilled, fried or baked, it always works and releases its tangy, citrusy and fragrant taste.
One of the main ingredients of chermoula is coriander, if you don't like coriander, use parsley instead,
I made a super tasty fish tagine with chermoula. Take a look!
Makes about ½ cup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste (optional)
- Generous pinch saffron (optional)
• Mix all the ingredients together and stir until smooth.
• Feel free to use a food processor instead of chopping all the chermoula ingredients by hand.
• Chermoula can be prepared up to 5 days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.