Friends! It’s been a while since my last post and I am totally aware of that. I would say I am 30% responsible of my recent lack of blog posts. The remaining 70% is due to
1. A very bad cold that keeps going away and reappearing (SO annoying). Tips welcomed!
2. A sprained joint in my spine that basically kept me from moving around properly for a full week (SERIOUSLY annoying).
To be honest, I am usually pretty lazy but when I am healthy, I always manage to get myself to stop procrastinating and get things done. I just wanted you to know, I didn’t forget about you!
A part form being not so healthy, these past three weeks have been pretty nice and filled with lots of fun. Last week, the weather was unbelievably beautiful for a full 5 days (not the case today in London, at all!). I made jam for the first time - or is it marmalade? - and I recipe tested something super special for you. I also experimented making jaban aka Moroccan nougat. My jaban still needs a lot of recipe testing and who knows, I might end up posting it one day... Let me know if you have any tips for jaban!
So, this skillet! It’s the recipe you make when you don’t have time to cook or you are tired of ordering take out because you are too tired to cook but still want food that’s packed with flavour AND healthy. I am sure you see what I mean. It has everything you want (hello, chermoula!) and it’s ready in minutes. Byeeeee
Chermoula prawns and calamari with tomatoes and avocado
- 300 gr cleaned prawns
- 300 gr calamari, sliced into rings
- 2 avocados, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50 gr feta, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste (optional)
• In large mixing bowl mix all the chermoula ingredients together and stir until smooth. Add in the shrimp and calamari and leave in the fridge to marinate, the longer the better.
• Warm up a pan over medium high heat, add in the marinated seafood and cook stirring occasionally until the seafood is fully cooked, about 8 minutes. In the same pan, add in chopped tomatoes, avocado and feta. Serve immediately, with bread.