Happy birthday MyMoroccanFood.com!!
Can you believe this? It has been already one year since I posted my very first recipe. I launched this blog a year ago to share my love and passion for Moroccan food and when I look back at all the recipes I have developed and the support I have received this past year, I couldn’t feel happier! So thank YOU for following along <3.
To celebrate, I decided to share the recipe for these delightful Moroccan mint tea infused chocolate truffles, they are
- super chocolaty
- and have a delicious aroma of Moroccan mint tea
If you like all the above, you should definitely try this recipe! They are so easy to prepare, you won’t believe it!
Moroccan Mint Tea Infused Chocolate Truffles
Makes about 20 truffles
- 250 ml double cream
- 20 gr butter
- 3 teaspoons loose gunpowder green tea leaves
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- 200 gr dark chocolate (70%), chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cocoa powder to coat the truffles
• In a deep skillet transfer the cream and the butter and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the green tea and mint leaves. Leave to steep for 30 min.
• Strain the cream and transfer it back into the deep skillet. Place over medium heat and add the chocolate, honey and vanilla. Stir until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
• Once the mixture is melted transfer it into a bowl and place in the fridge until the ganache firms up, about 1 hour.
• Spoon teaspoons of the ganache and roll them into balls.
• Transfer the cocoa into a bowl and place several balls at a time and turn to coat with cocoa.
• Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.
• Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.