Summer is almost over! Well, depends if you consider September is an acceptable extension of summer. And this really depends on where you live. I like to think that September is not summer. September still means for me: “holidays are over and we’re going back to school (or reality!)”.
I usually pick my resolutions and set my targets for the year at the end of the summer. And I’ve got wayyyy to many things on my list for this year! Hopefully, many exciting things for the blog too.
I have one trip left before the summer ends (actually 2)! I am off to Morocco and Ibiza in a few days! I can’t wait! And I am planning on documenting, testing and cooking many things for the blog. More deliciousness to come, yay!
This recipe is basically summer in bowl, or freshness packed with flavour in a bowl, you pick. Chermoula is delicious and sweet chermoula is only delicious-er. Seriously, it’s sweet and sour, spicy, refreshing and basically takes 10 minutes to prepare. Exactly what you need. Enjoy!!
Sweet Chermoula Tuna Tartare with Cucumber Noodles
- 500 gr (sushi grade) tuna steaks, finely diced (1 cm x 1 cm)
- 3 large cucumbers
- Zest of a lemon and 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy harissa, if desired
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Generous pinch saffron
• To make the chermoula, mix all the chermoula ingredients together and stir until smooth.
• Marinade the tuna with the chermoula and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
• Use a spiralizer, a julienne peeler or a mandolin to make cucumber noodles. Depending on how fresh your cucumbers are, they might release a certain amount of water. If they do, absorb the excess water with a clean tablecloth.
• When ready to serve, divide the cucumber noodles in 4 plates and top with tuna. Garnish with lemon zest and toasted sesame seeds if desired.
• Add a chopped avocado if desired!